- For a listing of all band events, please subscribe to the calendar.
- CONGRATULATIONS to the WKMB for a wonderful performance at Mason. This performance earned the highest score ever awarded to our band!!
- CONGRATULATIONS to the Worthington Kilbourne Wind Ensemble for being accepted to perform at the 2017 OMEA Professional Development Conference!
Dear Band Students and Parents,
As we approach our first concert of the year on 10/25, I want to take this opportunity to remind you about our concert dress. All students will wear the school-owned tuxes and dresses that they have been assigned. They will change into them at the school before the concert. (If you have not yet paid your $40 rental fee, please do so ASAP)
Each student is responsible for providing the following:
- Men - A White, pleated tuxedo shirt, black dress socks, and black dress shoes
- Women - A white pearl necklace (Wind Ensemble only) and black dress shoes with a closed toe and 2 inch heel (all bands)
It is very important that we have a uniform look. I am asking the men to be sure you are wearing dress shoes, and not athletic shoes. Also, the black socks are important. As you sit on the stage, athletic shoes and white socks are visible and distracting to the audience.
Ladies dress shoes come in many shapes and varieties, so for your convenience we have arranged to have a dress shoe available for purchase from the band boosters. Each female student was measured at the dress fitting to make sure we would have your size in stock. These will be available the night of the concert for $35.00 (make checks payable to the WKHS Band Boosters). We encourage you to take advantage of this so we will have a uniform look. If you have already bought shoes, PLEASE be sure they have a closed toe and the heels are no higher than 2 inches. The dresses were hemmed for a 2 inch heel.
Thank you for your diligence in making sure these guidelines are followed. If you have questions please contact me.
Director of Bands
Please enjoy this look into our band program from 2010.